The 2018 Onshore Programme.
The St. Kilda Challenge includes a three day festival held in the Lochmaddy area. Starting on the Thursday to welcome the sprint and flotilla participants it continues during the Friday whilst the yachts head to the St. Kilda Archipelago. As the yachts return on Saturday the social programme continues as the local community also welcomes the passage race fleet from Rathlin Island alongside the sprint race and flotilla fleets.
Details of the onshore social programme are summarised below. Please note some events will incur a charge.
Click here to download the programme flyer.
Wednesday 13th June
- Passage Race Mandatory Skipper Briefing, Rathlin Island pontoon entrance @ 18:00
Thursday 14th June
- Passage Race starts, Rathlin Island @ 10:00
- Hog Roast, Lochmaddy Hotel @ 17:00
- Sprint Race Skipper (and crew) Mandatory Briefing @ 18:00 outside the Lochmaddy hotel. Flotilla participants welcome.
- The St. Kilda Challenge Official Event Reception, Lochmaddy hotel @18:30
- Gary Innes: Musician and Broadcaster, Lochmaddy hall @ 20:00
friday 15th june
- Sprint Race and Flotilla Start, Lochmady Bay @ 06:30
- A Play, a Pie and a Pint, Lochmaddy hotel @13:00. Click here for more details.
- Ross Ainslie and Friends, Lochmaddy Hall @ 19:30. Click here for more details.
- Scottish Screen, Adjacent to the Auction Mart @19:30
- Dave Anderson Cabaret, Hamersay House Hotel @ 21:00
Saturday 16th june
- Passage, Sprint Race and Flotilla fleets will arrive from 10:00, dependant on weather
- Tractor Rally, Calmac Ferry Marshalling Area @ 11:00
- A Play, a Pie and a Pint, Lochmaddy hotel @ 13:00. Click here for more details.
- St. Alyles Skiff Rowing, Come and have a go, Taigh Chearsabhagh Slipway from 12:00 - 15:00. Click here for more details.
- Feature Films from Scottish Screen @ 14:00
- Prize Giving and Cocktail Demonstration, Lochmaddy hall @ 18:30
- The St. Kilda Challenge Grand Ceilidh Dance, Lochmaddy Hall @ 19:30. Click here for more details.
- Dave Anderson Cabarett, Hamersay House Hotel @ 21:00
running all three days
- Local products and produce stalls in the area outside the Lochmaddy hotel
- Art in the Mart in the Auction Mart